We are so excited for you to join us IN-PERSON in East Lansing, Michigan…
or via LIVESTREAM at Bikram Yoga Online!
Thank you so much for reading this page carefully. It will tell you everything you need to know about booking and attending classes, including any special protocols as they arise.
We invite returning & former students to sign up for:
- One of the combination memberships (good for in-person classes and full online access)
- In-person punch-cards (good for the hot room)
- Or one of the online options.
With punchcards and combination memberships, you will be able to book your class right away.
For online-only memberships, please allow 24 hours after membership purchase for your class booking access to be activated.
Those who are brand new to our yoga school: please see our New Student Page.
With increased capacity, advance reservations are optional but still strongly encouraged.
All transactions are to be done online before arrival at the studio.
Former/returning students: please contact us directly in order to upgrade to a 2021 combination or in-person membership, or to let us know if you are having financial hardship which prevents you from upgrading.
- Nose-only breathing for 99% of class, which keeps the number of viral particles of any kind extremely low.
- 20 spaces are available in each class, which maintains 6+ feet between each practitioner.
- All of our teachers are vaccinated.
Even prior to COVID-19, our facilities were designed and maintained with the highest sterilization and clean air standards.
- nightly sterilization with O3
- twice-daily sterilization of all touched surfaces
- no shared equipment
- ideal heat and humidity which prevents viral transmission
- environmental C02 monitoring of all classes
Masks are now optional for fully vaccinated individuals.
Many vaccinated students are choosing to continue to wear masks, and we support this for as long as you wish to do so.
Those who are unvaccinated should wear masks throughout the building and throughout the yoga class.
Going forward, all bookings and cancellations for the hot room will take place right here, on this page, using your Karmasoft email and password. Please follow the appropriate instructions below for both LIVE-STREAMED classes and IN-PERSON self-practice. Please also sign yourself in to PRE-RECORDED classes following the same method.
- It is required that you are signed in to Karmasoft before going past the lobby.
- Please make sure you are inside the front lobby at least 5 minutes before the listed class time. If you have not arrived by this time, your booking will become a no-show.
- Cancellations are also done directly via Karmasoft on the schedule below.
- ***IMPORTANT CANCELLATION POLICIES when class is overbooked***
- For monthly members, cancellations that occur within 1 hour of a class incur a $15 fee.
- For those who booked with a drop-in or punch-card and then cancel within 1 hour of class, that class will still be counted as a used punch or used drop-in.
- No-shows for overbooked classes (i.e. if you don’t cancel on the Karmasoft page below) incur a $20 fee.
Classes that are not overbooked will not lead to any cancellation fees.
If you have taken classes with us at any time in the past, you already have a Karmasoft account. Please *DO NOT* “sign up” to make yourself a new one. If you do, you will not have an active membership on that account, and you won’t be able to book a class.
Your login id will be the email address that you have on file with us; new students will be prompted to set up a new Karmasoft account.
You can CLICK HERE to activate your account, or choose “Forgot Password” or the “Confirmation Instructions” option on the Sign-In page. These will help you to get your account working smoothly for online booking.
To practice using Karmasoft, you will “book” yourself into a pre-recorded class and then cancel your booking, so you can make sure your account is working and that you know how to use it. To get this process started, you will need an active membership.
Please allow up to 24 hours between membership purchase and activation of booking abilities.
On the class schedule (below, on this page) press the “book” button on one of the classes labelled “Pre-recorded”. (Please do not use a Live-streamed or In-Person class for your test booking!)
When you have successfully booked yourself into a class, you and I will both receive an email, confirming your booking. Once you see that you received the confirmation email, please return to the schedule page and hit the CANCEL button on the class you just booked. You will then receive an email confirming your cancellation.
Learning how to do this several days BEFORE the day that you want to come to class is going to give you and us enough time to work out any glitches. 🙂
If you have difficulties, please repeat your efforts at least once more, making sure each step is followed carefully. If you still cannot get access to your Karmasoft account, or if you do not receive the notification email, please contact me and I will help you troubleshoot.
- On the schedule below, press the BOOK button for the appropriate In-Person class.
- Follow the prompts to sign in to Karmasoft.
- You will receive a confirmation email when the booking is successful.
- Please be very careful to select the correct class: Live-streamed or Pre-recorded, as appropriate.
- (If you book for an In-Person class that has a waitlist and do not come to it, the no-show fee is $20.)
- Please press the BOOK button for the appropriate class, at least several minutes before the start time of the class. (It will not work after the class has started.)
- If you are not signed into Karmasoft, follow the prompts to sign-in, resetting your password if needed.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your booking has been successful.
- Then you can either login to the live-stream or access a pre-recorded class!
Make sure you are in the front lobby no later than 5 minutes before the class time. After that, no one is available to let you in and it will be counted as a no-show ($20 no-show fee if the class is fully booked).
Masks are optional for fully vaccinated individuals, although we realize some of you may continue to wear masks for parts or all of class.
Unvaccinated individuals should continue to wear masks until CDC guidelines change. Thank you for your good citizenship.
Please set up your mat in one of the marked spots in the room, and have your water with you.
In order to create a focused and clean practice environment, phones and bags/purses are not permitted in the yoga room.
For safety reasons, GLASS CONTAINERS are strictly not permitted in the building.
Enjoy the amazing feeling of being in the hot room!
The only thing you need to do is breathe. Everything else you try.
If you are having a difficult time breathing, regulate your effort by backing off, or sitting to rest if needed.
Showers are still closed at this time. Exceptions may be made at the director’s discretion; please speak with Ann in advance to learn the protocol.
Please vacate the building by 20 minutes after you have finished your practice, in order to allow for extra sanitizing procedures.
Hydrate, as always.
Enjoy the amazing feeling of having done your yoga for the day! There is nothing like it!!
For beginners, one hour class.
For experienced students by invitation.
Mary Jarvis’s Yoga Shapeshifting
Significant pain relief, improved flexibility and strength….and the only thing we know of that makes Bikram Yoga easier!
Warm Class – 26&2
Best for beginners who are concerned about the heat, as well as youth and pregnant women.
Teacher Apprenticeship Weekends
Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers
Slow, long holds, passive stretch, breathing exercises
Traditional Primary Series